Monday, July 23, 2012

How Do I Spell Amazing...


How do I spell amazing...easy UTOPYACON baby!!!!!! That's right, I was lucky enough to be able to be a part of this very awesome event, UTOPYACON 2012. You may be asking what UTOPYACON is and I could explain it a million different ways. Butttt, I picked just a few because to see how truly amazing it was is something you have to experience firsthand.




THE EVENT was all possible because of one woman, JANET WALLACE. Janet got the idea of putting on a super cool event that would bring together para-freaks from writers, to fans, to readers and bloggers. To say she pulled this off would be the biggest understatement ever. Okay, so if you can't tell I totally love this woman :)




THE PANELS may have been one of my favorite things about UTOPYACON. Janet and her wonderful crew (Jamie, April & Susan) did a splendid job organizing panels that were amazing. From tips on marketing, to handling social media, to picking the right cover, Janet made sure it was all covered. I enjoyed all the panels that I attended even those that got a little out of hand (not mentioning any names LOL).




THE READERS/BLOGGERS & ASPIRING WRITERS made this entire event. They attended the panels, voted in the awards and let's face it showed us how awesome they all are. I enjoyed talking with all of them and found their words to be insightful and inspiring.




THE AUTHORS, okay so this is when I totally make a fan-girl fool of myself. Before I'm a writer, I am a reader and meeting some of my favorite authors in person was truly amazing. They were funny, genuine and so very nice that I wanted to bring them all home with me. My only disappointment is that I didn't get a chance to talk to every author at the event but the ones I did will forever stay in my heart. Amy Bartol for making me laugh so much my side hurt all because of a straw, Quinn Loftis because I think she's my long lost twin, Georgia Cates for her warmth and humor, Heather Hildenbrand for giving me the circle of trust, Chelsea Fine for being a person you can only love, Angeline Kace for blowing my mind away, Raine Thomas for making me cry in the best acceptance speech ever, K.C Neal because she was just plain awesome, Heather Self because only she can keep me in stitches, Tammy Blackwell for being truly inspirng, Amanda Havard for singing a song I'll never forget, Ella James for sharing a common bond with me, and last but not least my trio: M. Leighton, Carol Kunz and Adam Kunz, I can say nothing more than that I love these three with all my heart and feel blessed that they put up with my shenanigans.




THE KEYNOTE SPEAKER was to put it simply, amazing (told you that was the theme of this post hehe). Myra McEntire literally took my breath away with her inspiring, heart-tugging and at times gritty speech. She was warm, genuine, kind and if I wasn't a fan before I would be one now. I was truly blown away by her and can't thank her enough for making UTOPYACON am-az-ing.




Like I said before, to really  see how amazing UTOPYACON is, you need to come check it out yourself. It will blow your mind away but to tide you over until the next one, I've added a link below so you can check out pictures from this year.




Can't wait to see all of you next year June 28th-30th, it will be ammmmmmmm-aaaaazzzzzz-ing baby!






http://utopyacon.com/



<a href="http://ow.ly/crj28"></a>



ow.ly/crj28

2 comments:

  1. woot woot! 1st comment! i win!! Let's do it again soon!! oh wait..we are. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my dear, are truly amazing. *air kisses*

    ReplyDelete