Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reminiscing about UtopYA 2013

UtopYA 2013 ended two days ago and I still feel like I'm riding high on a happy endorphin roller-coaster. My voice hasn't returned to normal from all the screaming and laughing, but it's all good, talking is overrated anyway, right? Sitting here now in my office reminiscing about the weekend made it easy for me to pinpoint why UtopYA is such a special event--camaraderie. Usually, book events, conventions, and personal appearances are about selling books and promoting yourself. It's a necessary part of the business, I get that, but UtopYA is different.

This event is about hanging out, meeting in person all the special people that you only knew in the social media universe, seeing old friends, meeting new friends, sharing ideas and genuinely supporting each other. You'll definitely learn something because the panels are amazing and you will most likely even have a fangirl moment or two like I did. I certainly can't speak for everyone that attended (not that I can speak at the moment anyway), but I suspect their sentiments would be the same. Don't miss your chance to attend next year. As a matter of fact, buy your tickets here UtopYA 2014 tickets. In the meantime, here is a slideshow of some of my personal photos and special moments. BTW, it has music from Pitch Perfect. Don't judge. Enjoy.



  1. LOVE it! Now I want to make a slideshow lol It was awesome meeting you, you have no idea how much! Infinite xoxo's <3

  2. I love this, Tiffany!! Great pics, chickie! <3

  3. I <3 you so much Miss T! Your are one amazing author & friend ((hugs)) loved the video! #supersquee...already got my tix for next year! xo Laura